droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Droids and Ewoks Omnibus

5 posters

Go down

Droids and Ewoks Omnibus Empty Droids and Ewoks Omnibus

Post  James Fri 27 Jan 2012, 11:54 am

Droids and Ewoks Omnibus 3256916

Been waiting for this one for a long time! I already have the original editions of the Droids series but all of my Ewoks comics have been at my brothers place for the last 14 or so years. The cover looks great, and this will make for a nice introduction to the worlds of Droids and Ewoks for comic readers who may not be very familiar with them.
James
James
Founder
Founder

https://droidsandewoks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Droids and Ewoks Omnibus Empty Re: Droids and Ewoks Omnibus

Post  darth_sidious Sat 28 Jan 2012, 4:19 pm

Thats excellent - I look forward to seeing this!
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delmar Nori Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:22 pm

Great news! I'm interested on it. Even I bought all the original 14 Ewok comics during the last months and the Droids #4, a crossover with the Ewok comics.
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

Post  James Mon 14 May 2012, 3:24 pm

Placed my pre-order! Really looking forward to getting this! Anyone else going to buy the omnibus?
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 19 May 2012, 1:49 pm

I dont collect comics, but I think I'll pick up a copy of this. Wink
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delmar Nori Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:33 pm

I bought two of it. The two was shipped today. One of this books is for my niece (3 years old). I'll give her when she starts to read. The time is coming... Smile

Someone believes my niece watches Ewoks's official DVD with me and calls them "squirrels"? Surprised

A new Ewoks's fan! No doubt about it. Very Happy

Last edited by Delmar Nori on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Including "The two was shipped today")
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

Post  dmeluzio22 Thu 05 Jul 2012, 5:51 pm

Got mine the other day. Have it packed and ready to be taken and read on our family trip camping in Vermont. My kids take their Ewok toys, I bring my old Ewok village for them, and they play Star Wars there with their cousins because it reminds them of Endor!

The adults hang out and some of us, the males many age 33-43, all sit around the fire drinking a beer talking Star Wars. I will use it to read during my son's nap time and in the evening. Can't wait.
dmeluzio22
dmeluzio22

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fri 06 Jul 2012, 2:17 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forums! I have my copy now as well and I'm really enjoying it. To me, these comics are better than anything we have today. I always liked the more fun, younger kid friendly comics that we had in the old days like Popeye, Disney comics and European comics like Asterix. In a lot of ways, Ewoks and Droids are similar to these. Nothing wrong with good fun adventure that all ages can enjoy!
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 3:35 am

I always liked issue number 4, because it introduced Graak, a *gasp* "bad Ewok!" Up till then, I thought all the Ewoks (the cartoon ones, anyway) were good and sweet and kind. I liked Graak because he was a villain who wasn't a biker scout, storm trooper, Morag, a phlog, or a dulok. He was an EWOK! And he was banished for fighting his fellow Ewoks! I love the part in his flashback where he growls out "Keep your peace loving ways to yourself, Chirpa! I was born to conquer!"
The really cool thing is how Wicket and Teebo save Joddor, and as a result, he sees compassion and begins to sort of re-think his own personal values about might equaling right and war.
Graak, of course, was included in the 2007 Ewok 2-pack along with Romba. He looks nothing like his comic counterpart, and it claims he fought in the Battle of Endor. Either he shaped up and saw the light, or this is another Ewok with the unfourtunate same name as Graak. BTW, if I remember correctly, the word "graak" translated from Ewokese ,means "monster!" What a name to saddle a wokling with!
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 14 Jul 2012, 12:31 pm

I never knew that history behind Graak - I did look him up though, and he sure looks creepy in the comic - he doesnt even have an Ewok face - yikes!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061031065410/starwars/images/0/06/Graak_comic.jpg
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmeluzio22 Mon 06 Aug 2012, 3:25 pm

Read the Droids Ewoks Omnibus this past week while we were on vacation camping. It was fun to read it outdoors by a fire in the woods at night or read a bit during the day while my son napped.

Great collection, and a great and fun Ewok read.
dmeluzio22
dmeluzio22

Back to top Go down

Post  James Mon 06 Aug 2012, 3:36 pm

Sounds like the best place to read it! They were both really good series. Glad we have them all together now.
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down