droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animated Holiday Special short w/Boba Fett on Blu-ray DVD - Excellent!

2 posters

Go down

Animated Holiday Special short w/Boba Fett on Blu-ray DVD - Excellent! Empty Animated Holiday Special short w/Boba Fett on Blu-ray DVD - Excellent!

Post  thegreatheep Sun 23 Dec 2012, 3:56 am

Just finished seeing the excellent short animated Boba Fett sequence on one of the bonus SW Blu-ray disks. Very well-done & interesting, and there are some great cameos by Stormtroopers & other SW aliens. Since it was done by the same animation company that did Droids & Ewoks (Nelvana), it's definitely worth checking out if you haven't done so already.

I know the Blu-rays came out over a year ago & this is old news, but I recently got these & just saw this cartoon. And, after seeing how cleaned up/remastered this animated sequence was, it confirmed that the "Droids & Ewoks" cartoons (which came out after the Holiday Special) could definitely look this good as well, if properly restored.

Here's more info. on this:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/09/19/boba-fett-easter-egg-found-on-star-wars-blu-ray
thegreatheep

Back to top Go down

Animated Holiday Special short w/Boba Fett on Blu-ray DVD - Excellent! Empty Re: Animated Holiday Special short w/Boba Fett on Blu-ray DVD - Excellent!

Post  darth_sidious Sun 23 Dec 2012, 12:57 pm

I've yet to buy the Blu Ray set, but I did see the remastered cartoon on Youtube - it did look much more crisp compared to the old version I saw years ago that was recorded from the live tv broadcast. It would be great if they gave the same treatment to both the Droids and Ewoks cartoons...
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down