droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ewok Catapult coming in 2013

5 posters

Go down

Ewok Catapult coming in 2013 Empty Ewok Catapult coming in 2013

Post  darth_sidious Sun 10 Feb 2013, 3:04 pm

Hasbro announced at Toy Fair (New York) this weekend that a new Ewok Catapult with 2 new Ewok characters will be released this year as an exclusive to K-Mart. (No photos have been released yet)
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ewok Catapult coming in 2013 Empty Re: Ewok Catapult coming in 2013

Post  Morgan4242 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:03 am

Everyone has been saying after last year no way we would got more Ewoks, huh Ewoks = cash for Hasbro they need to take advantage of this and crank them out till they start sitting on the shelves like those Rebel Pilots...win for Ewok lovers.

Oh and I want a five pack of movie Ewoks too, with a crystal tip staff and correct hood as one of the alternate gear sets, not a whole Kaink because another character would be better in that spot.
Morgan4242
Morgan4242

Back to top Go down

Post  EwokWizard Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:59 pm

I have to say I'm stoked beyond belief about this. It makes me think that a new battle wagon isn't out of the realm of possibility if collectors were to barrage Hasbro with demands for it. They know we want Ewoks toys. Still pretty miffed that TVC Logray didn't come with alternate cartoon hood, though.
EwokWizard
EwokWizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 5:39 am

Woo-hoo! New Ewoks! Happy Ewok New catapult! Jumping Ewok New Morag! Shocked ...no, no new Morag. Not even an old Morag. Sad I say this because of "The Cries of The Trees" episode where the Ewoks use the catapult to hurl Master Logray's fire repellant onto the forest fire Morag incited with her Flaming Wisties of Death Squadron. Remember that? Chief Chirpa was all "Bring the catapult!" And Morag was all "You don't win that easily, old "friend" Logray!" And the Wisties were all like, "Whssshhh! heeheeheehee!" And they caught the catapult on fire and Weechee was like, "That's it, we're beaten!"
...Y'know, for supposed up and coming young warriors, Weechee and Paploo were pretty darn quick to utter "We're finished!" and "That's it, we're beaten!" Who's training these young Ewoks in warriorhood anyhoo? Not a Chuckha-Trok figure. Sad

But yaaay for New Ewok catapult wiff new Ewoks! Although those names, yeesh. Chubrey and Stemzee? I'll re-name mine to Chumlee and Old Man.

"Doggone it Chumlee, ya fired the catapult right at the Ewok pawn shop! No wonder Mooth's does more business!"

As a K-mart exclusive, it should be (relatively) easy to procure. I'll even say that when our K-mart gets them, if folks need them and cannot find them, I can pick them up for them. For a price! Very Happy
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:13 am

Chubbray and Stemzee are new names to me - never heard them once, haha. I hope they both look unique. Someone that was at Toy Fair reported that one of them is the "dalmation" Ewok with a white face, black fur and the white spots. That Ewoks name differs from these though...still a mystery until we see some pictures.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EwokWizard Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:14 pm

Yeah, I'm hoping for new some sculpts or at least some very clever kit bashing instead of just repaints. I'm thinking a new glider isn't too far off now either...
EwokWizard
EwokWizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorax Tue 07 May 2013, 6:09 pm

Hopefully "Chubbray and Stemzee" will be Chuka-trok and Kaink with movie accurate attire and alternate hoods like the TRU 5 pack Jumping Ewok
Gorax
Gorax

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Wed 08 May 2013, 10:56 am

I wouldn't mind seeing both of those released under different names either, so long as we get them. That pair still rank as my most wanted Ewoks.

No word on pictures yet, though a couple websites did contact Hasbros PR company, but they haven't released any images...
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Fri 28 Jun 2013, 2:12 pm

Here is the first look at this item:

http://www.forum.starwars-figuren.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=516
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 5:53 pm

It looks cool. I just wish that they had packaged it with Chukha-Trok. and is it just me, or are the Ewoks themselves just re-painted kit-bashed figures again? Rolling Eyes Even the hoods and accessories are just re-painted. Rolling Eyes  I dunno. I'll buy it simply for the catapult.
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Fri 28 Jun 2013, 7:09 pm

The catapult itself looks great, the Ewoks not nearly as interesting. I would have loved to see Chukha-Trok or another Ewok with a bit more gear to set them apart from all these generic looking Ewoks. I don't like that both of them are just repainted and kitbashed parts - we should have new heads / hoods for new characters...

Looks like the rumors of the "dalmation" Ewok coming is this set weren't true, or it was dropped - real shame as well...
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Thu 18 Jul 2013, 12:09 pm

Preview picture from SDCC:

http://www.rebelscum.com/2013_SDCC/SDCC_2013_Hasbro_San_Diego_Comic-con_Star_Wars_Tuesday/image6.asp
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:34 am

Available for order:

http://www.kmart.com/hasbro-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-ewok/p-004W006132590001P
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Tue 15 Oct 2013, 12:46 pm

I opened this set up - the catapult is fantastic, and truly the gem of the set - far better than either figure. The sculpt, deco, and functionality of the catapult are all next to perfect. The Ewoks are recycled sculpts - even the heads and hoods - which is a real disappointment compared to the previous KM Ewok 2-pack. The striped Ewok reminds me of the vintage Kenner Logray, at least when it comes to the deco. The color of the hood is a nice change on the figure. The brown Ewok with the brown hood is simply washed out. Shame they didn't use the Wicket sculpt and a different color for the hood. Overall, the set is a good value for the price, and I would recommend it. Next time they release anything Ewok related, I hope they are unique characters like Chukha-Trok or Kaink, or at the very least something that stands out, like the "dalmation" Ewok or the second Ewok with the skull on its hood. These are too bland to warrant much fanfare, and with so many Ewoks in the last few years, they need to focus on truly unique looking characters to maintain interest.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down