droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The King of Aldeeran

5 posters

Go down

The King of Aldeeran Empty The King of Aldeeran

Post  Ewok_Princess Tue 23 Feb 2010, 7:01 pm

If Bail Organa's wife is a Queen, shouldn't he be the King of Aldeeran? Question
Ewok_Princess

Back to top Go down

The King of Aldeeran Empty Re: The King of Aldeeran

Post  James Wed 24 Feb 2010, 12:51 am

No, he wouldn't be a king as that would place him in a higher ranking position over his wife. If they followed the same kind of system as the British monarchy the he would be a prince. But, since no mention is ever made of him being a prince, than I guess that they don't follow the same system as Britain.
James
James
Founder
Founder

https://droidsandewoks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  EwokWizard Tue 07 Sep 2010, 2:19 am

He might have a duel title. Or it could be like Naboo where he is elected and so is she.
EwokWizard
EwokWizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Tue 07 Sep 2010, 8:20 pm

It's probably an elected position. Think about how very peaceful Alderaan was. No weapons. Very democratic in their government. Also, Alderaan University was, like, THE COLLEGE in the Star Wars universe. Many academics studied there. I think it was like Nabooian government, and Brea held an elected position. Bail was kinda like her prince/co-inhabitor guy. Come to that, if Kneesaa suceeded Chirpa as Chief of Bright Tree village, and she married Wicket, wouldn't Wicket be a prince or at least a very high ranking Ewok? Man...I need to find a royal girlfriend and marry her. "Prince Kevin" or even "Kevin who is married to our Queen" has a nice ring to it. Smile
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Tue 07 Sep 2010, 11:59 pm

What an odd subject for this site - but I think I can shed some light on the subject... Bail is indeed a prince, and his formal title is 'Prince Bail Prestor Organa, First Chairman and Viceroy of Alderaan'. Apparently the book 'Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels' cites his proper title of prince. Oddly enough, he is the head of the Royal Family of Alderaan, yet his wifes title seems to outrank him. As a matter of fact though, its the opposite - Queen Breha Organa was once Breha Antilles, until she married Bail and was given the title of Queen.

In the traditional English sense, Breha would actually be the Queen consort - but only if Bail was titled King. In the SW universe, the same rules clearly arent applied. If you take a look at the modern English Royal Family, Queen Elizabeth II is the sovereign and ruler of England, while her husband is the Royal Consort, and Duke of Edinburgh. When Bail married Breha, her title would have been Princess Consort under the English system - why LFL decided to give her the title of queen is beyond me, unless they wanted to clearly establish that Leia was a 'princess' because her 'mother' was a 'queen' to make it easier for fans - but Prince Bail and a Princess Consort Breha could still have children with the proper titles of prince and princess...
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down