droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kneesaa

5 posters

Go down

Kneesaa Empty Kneesaa

Post  darth_sidious Mon 28 Jun 2010, 5:31 pm

Looks like bad news for Kneesaa fans:

June 28, 2010 - Round 7 is in! Here you go:
1) In recently revealed case assortment details, we see Wicket is listed as coming with Kneesaa - can you confirm this? If so, you'll be making many fans very happy. Did you include a second figure because collectors have previously stated that a single Ewok might not do well at retail because of its perceived value?

Answer: Unfortunately, Kneesaa was dropped due to some production issues; we did not replace Kneesaa with another figure. Instead, Wicket is comes with his movie version poncho as well as a version inspired by his animated series appearance. He is a very cool figure.

====

I'm sick of Hasbro's blanket excuses like "production issues" - how about give it to us straight and find another set or 2-pack to put Kneesaa in. Wicket with an extra hood is hardly a good replacement for Kneesaa.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kneesaa Empty Re: Kneesaa

Post  James Mon 28 Jun 2010, 6:57 pm

That really stinks that Kneesaa was dropped. I was really looking forward to buying her this year. At least they probably have the sculpt ready, so hopefully she will make it out eventually. It's interesting that Hasbro has done work on both Chukha-Trok and Kneesaa, since they are both cartoon Ewoks. Even Wicket is supposed to be coming with an animated style hood. It seems like Hasbro has been looking at the Ewoks cartoons. I guess Lucasfilm doesn't have the same 'animated style only' policy for Ewoks as they do for Droids.
James
James
Founder
Founder

https://droidsandewoks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan4242 Tue 29 Jun 2010, 9:48 pm

This is a big let down for me, I was hoping this toy would open up a whole new Ewok craze.
Morgan4242
Morgan4242

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Tue 29 Jun 2010, 11:51 pm

The plus side for a Kneesaa release is that they probably already have the tooling done for her, and since they hate wasting 'tooling dollars' as they put it, she will probably be released eventually. A Wicket & Kneesaa 2-pack would have been great though - we should continue to push this figure with Hasbro when we get the chance, so that they know there is demand for her.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Tue 06 Jul 2010, 2:45 am

Oh I agree. Surely they'll release Kneesa. They'd be fools not to as they've already made her in finished form, and like darthsidious says, they hate wasting tooling dollars. I dunno about the animated Ewoks like though. as much as we all want them, Hasbro has avoided the questions with "extensive new toolings" and "Lucasfilm won't approve anything other than Clone Wars animated figures for now". I think Clone Wars is great myself, a great show aimed at kids with lots of...er, clones to collect and so forth. But c'mon. They can crank out 7,000,000,000 clones, slap a new stripe on the hemet or paint it a new color and hey presto, it's a "new" figure! Like Matchstick or Cody or Fixer or whatisface, Stan, or whatever. And all the clones look alike underneath the helmets too. It's like "Malibu Stacy" on "The Simpsons". Smithers: But she's got a NEW HAT!
At least we're finally getting Chukha-Trok, they've made a sort-of (?) Kaink, although lame, and we're getting Wicket with his animated hood. We need new versions of new Ewoks, not repaints. And Kneesaa needs to be one.
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 17 Jul 2010, 3:11 pm

I agree that we need new Ewok characters, and not repaints - but overall, I am happy with what the Ewok offerings have been so far. I really wish Hasbro would give us more details about the future of the Kneesaa figure though - whether she'll be carded by herself at some point, or packed with a movie Ewok or something. Personally, I'd like to see her released in a 2-pack with a known Ewok from ROTJ - Wicket would have been PERFECT, but I think Lumat, Logray, and Teebo are the only other previously released Ewoks that havent been resculpted within the last 10+ years.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Thu 22 Jul 2010, 11:00 pm

Now that we've all seen the new Wicket figure, its clear that they can reuse that body to make Kneesaa - all they would really need is a new head / hood. What type of release would everyone like to see for Kneesaa? There are many options: multipack, carded figure with a second Ewok, carded figure with wokling(s) as accessories, or maybe as an exclusive comic pack....?
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Fri 30 Jul 2010, 10:43 pm

UPDATE: The Star Wars Action News podcast asked Hasbro's lead man about Kneesaa, and he admitted that it was a cost issue and not a production issue, like they first stated. The good news is that the Kneesaa figure IS sculpted and will likely be released within the next few years, but it hasnt been slotted so far - my guess would be 2012. Very Happy
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat 31 Jul 2010, 10:05 am

That's great! Thanks for passing along the news! If she ends up being a basic carded figure, I wonder what her card art will look like?
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Sat 31 Jul 2010, 10:58 am

Beechawawa! Kneesaa! I bet her card art will be like a lifelike sketch of her or maybe artwork from that "Essential Guide to Characters" first edition. There's a neat sketch of her in that. But Kneesaa is coming! Chirpa and Wicket and collectors will be so thrilled. I know I am. Smile Oh, OR, Amy Provonost could do the artwork. she does great Ewok art on deviantart. Her name is even "artyewok" I believe.
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 31 Jul 2010, 1:31 pm

Well, starting next year we'll be getting video game characters in the vintage line as well, so maybe they'll using drawings for their cardbacks - if they use a shot from the game, then I'd imagine Hasbro might use a shot from the cartoon for Kneesaa. I'm just excited that we may have an official action figure of her after all these years.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Wed 15 Sep 2010, 12:17 pm

Another vague Kneesaa update from the Hasbro Q&A, asked by the AllSpark site:

1) The upcoming Wicket figure comes with two hoods rather than the second Ewok figure that he was originally rumored to be packed with. Are there any plans to release the second Ewok through other means?

QUOTE(Hasbro)
We are looking at ways of making Kneesa available, but so far have not slotted her into the line anywhere yet. Given time, we are confident she will come out but it may take a while to find the right set for her.

====

Sounds like she may be put into a multipack instead of a basic card...
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed 15 Sep 2010, 3:19 pm

It's good to hear that they are still confident that she will be coming out at some point. I wonder what kind of set it would be? Hopefully a new Ewok village!
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Kneesaa Empty Suggestions

Post  Delmar Nori Sat 04 Dec 2010, 11:34 am

Suggestions for Kneesaa's action figure:

It can take Wicket's model, replacing with Kneesaa's head and repaiting the fur in white and gray and repaiting the palms and soles more lighter as possible.

The hood must be obviously pink, with the value blue jewel above the face and the green feathers below the neck.

We can't forget the grappling hook.
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down