droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll

+5
darth_sidious
Zutton79
Chukha-Trok76
davidc
James
9 posters

Go down

Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Empty Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll

Post  James Fri 06 Aug 2010, 9:45 am

If you can, please select a limit of 10 characters from each series. If you can't come up with 10 from each or even 10 from both series combined, thats okay. One to nine selections are fine too! We will do our best to send the final results to Hasbro by Christmas.

Last edited by James on Fri 06 Aug 2010, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
James
James
Founder
Founder

https://droidsandewoks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Empty Re: Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll

Post  James Fri 06 Aug 2010, 9:47 am

Here's mine, complete with pictures! As hard as it is to limit myself to 10, here are my top 10 lists, in no particular order (it's too hard to have favorites) from both series:

DROIDS

1. Thall Joben
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Thall_11
Along with Jann Tosh, Thall Joben was one of my first two Droids figures. He was a Christmas present in 1985. He is one of my favorites from Droids as well as being one of the most iconic characters from the series. If we ever do get a new version, he really needs to come with his lightsaber!

2. Jann Tosh
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Jann_t10 Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Jann_w10
The droids master from the second story arc, a new Jann figure would hopefully include his pilot helmet and the blaster that he used in Coby and the Starhunters, or maybe even C-3PO's leg!

3. Mungo Baobab
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Mungo10
The droids master from the third story arc was slated to be a figure in the original Kenner line but was canceled due to the line coming to an end. A new figure would hopefully come with his seed launcher blaster.

4. C-3PO
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll C-3po10
A Droids C-3PO, with articulation like the recent Clone Wars version would be a great figure!

5. R2-D2
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll R2-d2_10
Seeing how many astromech droids have been made in recent years, it actually seems strange that Hasbro has not made R2 in his Droids color scheme yet. Maybe they've held back because to be done right, he would need to be an all new sculpt. Hopefully they get around to him sometime!

6. Assassin Droid
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Assass10
This droid was seen in the intro to each episode while the theme music played. He also tried to murder poor Thall Joben. Since we have his skiff pals Boba Fett and BL-17 already, hopefully this droid (including macrobinoculars) will be made someday as well.

7. Kea Moll
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Kea_mo10 Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Kea_mo11
Everyone's favorite lady from Droids! Kea would make a great figure in either her regular outfit or her battle gear. I think she would need to come with macrobinoculars for either version, or the huge over the shoulder blaster that she used in the battle outfit.

8. Jord Dusat
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Jord10
A Thall Joben figure couldn't be without his pal Jord Dusat. I'm not sure what a figure of Jord should come with, but maybe some tools would be an idea, since he is a speeder mechanic. But then of course we would need to have a White Witch vehicle for him to work on!

9. Kez-Iban
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Kez10
I really like the Kez-Iban vintage figure, and I like the design of the character. A figure of Kez-Iban should come with his royal scepter.

10. Tig Fromm
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Tig10
It was a tough choice for number 10 between Tig Fromm, Doodnik, Proto-One and Admiral Screed, but Tig came out on top. I like the Fromm Gang, I like the Annoo-dat Blue species, and I like the design of the character. I'm not sure what accessory he could come with. Maybe a model of the Trigon One superweapon since we will never get the real thing.

EWOKS

1. Princess Kneesaa
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Prince10
The good news is that Hasbro has confirmed that they have been working on this figure. The bad news was that it was cancelled before it could be released with Wicket. Hopefully they find a way to bring her out soon. I can't see her coming with a spear or bow, being that she's a princess and doesn't really get involved in battles, but it would be nice if she could be packaged with her pet Bordok Baga. Even if the figure is made in realistic style, I hope it is heavily influenced by the appearance of the animated Kneesaa.

2. Latara
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Latara10 Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Latara11
For some reason Latara has become one of my favorite Ewoks. Like many other characters, her appearance changed for season two, but I would gladly take either version. A Latara figure should come with her flute and maybe one of the lanterns that she and her friends used in the very first episode.

3. Malani
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Malani10 Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Malani11
Three female Ewoks in a row! A figure of Malani would need to be slightly shorter than Wicket, since she is a younger Ewok. If Hasbro ever re-releases the Ewok Battle Wagon, Malani and Wicket would be the best figures to include with it, since they were the ones who rebuilt the ancient vehicle.

4. Teebo
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Teebo10
Hasbro could not get away with making an Ewoks Teebo by just giving the animated version's hat to the ROTJ version. Hopefully an animated style figure will someday be a possibility.

5. Dulok Scout
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Duloks10
A generic Dulok figure would be great as an army builder! A Dulok figure could come with a variety of weapons like a club, spear and knife.

6. Logray
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Logray10
An Ewoks Logray figure would probably have to be made in animated style. If Hasbro can figure out how to combine a ROTJ Logray with the Ewoks one (like they did with Wicket) I would be amazed.

7. Morag
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Morag210
The wicked little nemesis of the Ewoks was almost a figure in 1986. Hopefully she will be a possibility someday in the future.

8. Chief Chirpa
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Chief_10
I prefer Chief Chirpa's season 1 appearance over season 2. Hopefully he could come with his throne.

9. Chukha-Trok
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Chukha10
Like Princess Kneesaa, a Chukha-Trok figure has already been sculpted and is now just waiting to be inserted into the lineup. He will probably be based on the Ewoks movie and not the animated series.

10. Wicket
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Wicket10 Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Pd-2810
I know we're getting the new ROTJ Wicket that includes the green hood from Ewoks season 2, but it would still be nice to get an animated Wicket from season 1. A great accessory would be PD-28, the Imperial droid, even though he appeared in a season 2 episode with green hooded Wicket!
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  davidc Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:38 pm

here is my top ten from droids thall joben uncle gundy jesica meade gaff jann tosh tig fromm kea moll admiral screed kez iban jord duscat. top ten ewoks paploo logray latara weeche kneesa king gorneesh dulok scout morag teebo chief chirpa
davidc
davidc

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Sat 07 Aug 2010, 12:21 am

My Droids wishlist:
1. C-3PO
2. R2-D2
3. Jord Dusat
4. Thall Joban
5. Jessica Meade
6. Jan Tosh
7. Uncle Gundy
8. Mungo Baobab
9. Yorbo
10. Tigg Fromm

My Ewoks wishlist:
1. Chukha-Trok w/ axe
2. Chief chirpa w/ staff
3. Asha w/ bolo sling
4. Morag w/staff
5.Kneesaa w/ grapping hook from Series II
6.Paploo w/ horn
7.Weechee w/ knife
8.Teebo w/wand
9.Latara w/ flute
10.Aunt Bozzie w/wokling

I have several more in each category, but those are my top 10. And yeah, I want an Aunt Bozzie for Wicket to annoy. Happy Ewok

Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  Zutton79 Sat 07 Aug 2010, 12:41 pm

Not in any order...

Droids:
1. Vlix
2. Tig Fromm
3. Sise Fromm
4. Kleb Zellock
5. Kybo Ren
6. Mon Julpa
7. Yorbo
8. Jessica Meade
9. Mungo Baobab
10. Admiral Screed

Ewoks:
1. Morag
2. Yuzzum
3. Asha
4. Latara
5. Kneesaa
6. Paploo
7. Teebo
8. Baga
9. Dulok Scout
10. Chief chirpa
Zutton79
Zutton79

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 07 Aug 2010, 2:47 pm

Top 10 Droids cartoon figures I'd like to see:

1.) Thall Joben (with lightsaber)
2.) Vlix
3.) Proto-One
4.) Admiral Screed
5.) Mon Julpa
6.) Mungo Baobab
7.) Gaff
8.) Governor Koong
9.) Jessica Meade
10.) Jann Tosh

Top 10 Ewoks cartoon figures I'd like to see:

1.) Princess Kneesaa
2.) Latara
3.) Teebo
4.) Weechee
5.) Baga
6.) Yuzzum
7.) Morag
8.) Chukha-Trok
9.) Doctor Raygar
10.) PD-28
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon 09 Aug 2010, 8:32 pm

This is an awesome idea, and it's great to see so much participation! It's always great when collectors have a chance to make their voices heard.

I'm not a big Droids & Ewoks expert unfortunately, but I'd really like to see some of these character choices made into figures. I'll do my best to list twenty!

DROIDS:
1. Vlix
2. Sise Fromm
3. Proto-One
4. Admiral Screed
5. Kea Moll
6. Assassin Droid
7. Mon Julpa
8. Jessica Meade
9. Kybo Ren
10. Kez-Iban

EWOKS:
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll 5729393
1. Imperial Droid ^
2. Admiral Kazz
3. Doctor Raygar
4. Horville
5. Chukha-Trok
6. Princess Kneesaa
7. Zarrak
8. Dulok Scout
9. Morag
10. Baga
David
David

Back to top Go down

Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Empty COol Stuff

Post  EwokWizard Fri 27 Aug 2010, 1:15 am

It would be awesome to see a figure of Asha from Ewoks. Also, Morag. It would incredible if we could get a new Ewok Battle Wagon!
EwokWizard
EwokWizard

Back to top Go down

Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Empty Princess Kneesaa's action figure

Post  Delmar Nori Fri 26 Nov 2010, 12:43 pm

Kneesaa wasn't a warrior, but was a brave princess. She was the best Ewok on fighting with a grappling hook. Kneesaa's action figure could be issued with a grappling hook as an accessory. Here is a canon Kneesaa's image with her grappling hook:

Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Kneesa11

Kneesaa used her grappling hook during some episodes of Ewoks TV Series - 2nd Season (known as "All New Ewoks"). This image is from episode The Raich.

Last edited by Delmar Nori on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserting info about grappling hook's appearances)
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Empty Grappling hook

Post  Delmar Nori Fri 26 Nov 2010, 9:09 pm

Here is Kneesaa in action with her grappling hook. It must be spinned before being throwed.

Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll 2x12_k10

Image from the episode A Warrior and a Lurdo.

Last edited by Delmar Nori on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserting episode where the image can be found)
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 04 Dec 2010, 1:06 am

A grappling hook would be a cool accessory for Kneesaa, and it would make the figure more 'action oriented' as Hasbro likes. I'd also like to see them repaint the wokling figure, and perhaps make Wiley, as another accessory:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wiley
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CDR Hood Sat 18 Aug 2012, 5:13 pm

1. Vlix

2. Tig Fromm

3. Sise Fromm

4. Fromm Guard
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Guard11

5. Worker Droid
Droids/Ewoks figure wishlist poll Worker10

6. Cartoon C3PO

7. Cartoon R2-D2

8. Thall Joben (w/ light saber)

9. Jord Dusat

10. Kea Moll

(plus the vehicle White Witch, Droids Imperial Shuttle and Trigon 1)
CDR Hood

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:17 pm

I was just thinking that since they've released this latest Ewok pack with Kneesaa, we can cross her off our wish lists! So hooray! With this latest Ewok pack, it'd be cool if they released another set next year with Deej, Shodu and Winda, Weechee, Chukha-Trok and Asha. I also got to thinking that they should really consider doing a battle pack with a Droids theme, with characters from the animated series, such as C-3P-O, R2-D2, Kez-Iban, Jann Tosh, and Uncle Gundy. A second set could come with Jord Dusat, Thall Joben, Yorbo and the guy with the screechy voice thingy. Or a set with Mungo Baobab, Jessica Meade, Kybo Ren, and Tigg and Vlix. Sise Fromm as well. Accesories would be plentiful. Lightsaber, hydrospanner, nergon sample, Kez-Iban's sceptor, a blaster or two. I think after they release Chukha-Trok they need to concentrate on Droids!
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:49 am

Yes, Kneesaa came in first place during the Droids & Ewoks Hasbro Fan's Choice 2011 nomination vote - so its a great victory to see our top choice being made as a figure. Chukha-Trok came in second, so hopefully he isnt too far behind.

I'd love a Droids based set with animated characters, but I think the chances of that are slim. I think we should campaign for some type of exclusive or mail-away figure from the cartoon. I think something like a mail-away Vlix figure would be awesome, since he is the most limited release SW figure of all time as I recall. He was only available in Brazil for a short time...
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fri 24 Aug 2012, 7:05 am

As much as I would like to see Hasbro make something from Droids, I agree that the chances are not great. However, now that they are going to get a lot more exposure by being made available to watch on starwars.com, I think our chances may have got just a little bit better!
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down