droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ewok Multipack (2012): Kneesaa, Teebo, Tippet, Filtchee, & Nanta

+8
r2sg
dmeluzio22
bigbarada
Morgan4242
Delmar Nori
darth_sidious
James
Chukha-Trok76
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ewok Multipack (2012): Kneesaa, Teebo, Tippet, Filtchee, & Nanta - Page 3 Empty Re: Ewok Multipack (2012): Kneesaa, Teebo, Tippet, Filtchee, & Nanta

Post  dmeluzio22 Thu 05 Jul 2012, 6:15 pm

Thanks for the kind welcome. I am a long time lurker now decided to post! lol

Figure with the release of the Ewok multi pack soon and Eric Walker's book coming out about his life making Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor, now is a great time to talk about and get excited over Ewoks.

Plus my kids are at the age where it is fun to revisit Star Wars stuff from my past. They have fun and I have fun... it's win-win.
dmeluzio22
dmeluzio22

Back to top Go down

Ewok Multipack (2012): Kneesaa, Teebo, Tippet, Filtchee, & Nanta - Page 3 Empty Re: Ewok Multipack (2012): Kneesaa, Teebo, Tippet, Filtchee, & Nanta

Post  Delmar Nori Fri 06 Jul 2012, 10:25 pm

dmeluzio22 wrote:... why there wasn't a toy of the Ewok with the pink hood.

The Ewok Princess Rises! Very Happy

Welcome to our forum, dmeluzio22. Wink
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

Post  r2sg Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:45 am

I can definitely relate to you...My son LOVES the ewoks. I actually gave him all my extra and he runs around the house yelling WICKET and EWOKS! He's 3 next month. I gave him 2 of my extra astromechs and 4 ewoks and he is just so excited. For the first time today actually, he asked if we could watch the ewoks so I put on ROTJ half way through and he was so excited! Then he passed out. HAHAHA! For his 2nd halloween, he actually went as Wicket. We got the outfit and he was waddling just the right way because he had just started walking. So much fun. We saved the outfit for our next child, whenever that may be.
r2sg
r2sg

Back to top Go down

Ewok Multipack (2012): Kneesaa, Teebo, Tippet, Filtchee, & Nanta - Page 3 Empty Woah, woah, woah, time out...OCTOBER?

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 3:03 am

This is one one the slides from the Hasbro panel from San-Diego Comic Con. Posted on Sir steves. It now says we have to wait till October for the Ewok Mult-pack? Whaaa?

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/panel/p42727-hasbro-star-wars.html

Personally, I thought it was confirmed for August 1st. Anyone know about this? Should one of us be bold and call Hasbro direct to find out?
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:07 pm

I don't know about you all, but I'm gearing up for the release of the Ewok 5 pack next Wednesday! Only a very few more days to go. I called Toys R' Us the other day to see if they could confirm that thesse sets would be in stock. The girl who spoke to me was very nice, but she had no idea what I was talking about. I was told they get new shipments of toys every Friday, including exclusives, so maybe i could call back on Friday if I wanted. As for holding a set for a buyer, even from out of town who would be there within the hour, they said no, that it was against company policy. Really, everyone's best bet would just be to arrive when the stores open, if possible and snag a set for yourself. That's what i plan to do. There's two TRU's in the Tulsa metro area, so chances of securing a set IS possible I suppose. I'll call on Friday and see if there's anyone else who even knows what i'm speaking of. We'll see...
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:19 pm

James wrote:
Anyway, here are some more vintage Kenner plush Ewoks that could be made into figures: Plush Ewoks
I had Nippet when I was a kid, but I didn't remember most of the others.

I remember being a kid and waiting for the Zephee plushto finally arrive in stores. Ma used to buy my plush Ewoks from Sears catalog and Service Merchandise stores. We also bought Ewok toys from the usual outlets like Toys R' Us, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Aim, and Target, and K-Bee Toys. Ewok toys and plushies were everywhere in the 80s, unfourtunately, Zephee never came out. The Ewoks line was cancelled in 1985, which is a shame, becuase there were so many nice toys that never made it past the prototype stage. There were even plushies planned from the animated series, including Teebo and Master Logray. The regualr Kenner plushies were to include a Logray also with a removable felt churri bird skullcap and striped fur! I remember seeing this prominately displayed on a tv spot showcasing hot holiday toys for 1984. Happy Ewok

To date I have plushies of Wicket, Kneesaa, Latara (sans hood), Paploo (sans hood), Nippet (my first!) Wiley, Malani, Mookie, and a Leeni that is mistakenly labeled "Wiley." I also own two plush Disney Ewoks from Star tours, the tan one with the forest green hood and the little dark brown one with the pink hood.
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:35 pm

You're already on the hunt for these? I was under the impression that the release date was in October? I know people were first discussing August, but I thought Hasbro changed that during comic con?
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:33 pm

Someone on another forum said that they often put the incorrect release dates on the comic con displays, anywhere from a month or more later than the actual release date. I really don't know other than the fact that the original date on almost every website sites August 1st as the release date for the Ewok pack. So, I'm heading to Tulsa Wednesday to see what I will see. I won't lie though, if we have to wait till October, I'll be disapointed. Sad
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:48 pm

Thats the thing with Hasbro - when it comes to release dates, they cant seem to nail them down unless its a national or global release / reset date, like when a movie comes out. These will probably just be stocked during a regular TRU reset of the SW section - so it could be anytime between August-October. The thing is, if these were going to be released within the next week, we'd have much more info on them because we'd have TRU computer data listing amounts on order. There are a number of TRU, Target, etc employees that post this kind of info. If you have any luck, be sure to let us know!
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Sat 28 Jul 2012, 5:14 am

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Toys_R_Us_Exclusive_Ewok_Pack_Update_146647.asp

Here is a link on Rebelscum which says that the Toys R' Us computers now show the information and assortment number for the Ewoks. Ma is making a trip to Tulsa today and she said she would be more than happy to stop in and politely confirm whether this information is correct and whether the sets arrive on Wednesday.
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Sun 29 Jul 2012, 11:33 pm

Ookaay. so here's the deal:

Ma went by the Toys R' Us yesterday with all the information about the Ewok pack, including the above listed product number and the details. The cashier was very polite and helpful and looked it up on her handheld product finder. It came up allright, but the warehouse distributer hasn't even received them yet. They're listed, but the Toys R' Us distributer hasn't received them yet. They get shipments in on Fridays, so she told Ma to have me check back this Friday. Maybe they'll be in then. Hasbro still hasn't answered my question about them, so I'll give them tomorrow, then try to call to find out what I can from an actual sales rep. I haven't lost hope though. We'll get our Ewoks yet! Happy Ewok
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  Delmar Nori Tue 31 Jul 2012, 4:25 pm

Perhaps there are some forum members out of USA interested on this pack. I remember some posts on this forum from other countries as Canada, Spain and Brazil. We need an online shop working with international mail and credit cards.
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:25 pm

Ok, well, it's officially August 1st, and...no Ewoks. And apparently that's nation wide. I called the 21st street TRU yesterday to inquire about them. the guy on the phone said that he hadn't even heard of them coming. So he told me to call back this Friday. Someone on the rebelscum forums also reports a similar situation. No Ewoks at TRU yet. Kinda dissapointed today. Oh wells...we'll keep hunting. Sad
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Thu 02 Aug 2012, 6:17 pm

Someone on Yakface reportedly found these at a TRU in CA:

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=1707
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:27 pm

Well darn! I mean, good for them, but they haven't shown up here yet. I guess I'll call around 10:00 tomorrow to see if the Tulsa TRU's have them yet. By the by, If anyone wants to purchase a Lumat figure, he'll only be available from online retailers. It's true. The only way to get him is to buy him from Brain's Toys or another online store. I hate doing that, becuase the prices are usually in the 16-20 dollar range per figure, but if he's not going to be available commercially in regular stores, I guess i'll have to. Sad
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Thu 02 Aug 2012, 8:07 pm

I called a TRU near me - they are on order, but the distribution center hasnt sent any out - could be a week or two, they didnt know... bounce
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessNadia Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:28 am

Hi all,

I found this forum last night while looking for the new Ewok pack. I just called Toys R Us and the lady that looked up the item number says there is an open order for 2,000. She said they should be in stock in about a week or 2.

A seller on eBay has them listed at $20 a piece. I think he knows they should be out soon, because he only listed them for 24 hours. I'm dying for Princess Kneesaa, but I'm going to hold off and wait and get the whole pack. Instead of 1 figure for $20.
PrincessNadia
PrincessNadia

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:18 pm

It's Friday and i just called both Toys R' Us's in Tulsa. Nope. No Ewoks at all. They haven't arrived yet. When I asked approximately when they might be arriving, I was told they didn't know and to call back next Friday. Ergh. I love being a collector, but I'm worried I might have to try to track these guys down and pay individually. Sad
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:57 pm

PrincessNadia wrote:Hi all,

I found this forum last night while looking for the new Ewok pack. I just called Toys R Us and the lady that looked up the item number says there is an open order for 2,000. She said they should be in stock in about a week or 2.

A seller on eBay has them listed at $20 a piece. I think he knows they should be out soon, because he only listed them for 24 hours. I'm dying for Princess Kneesaa, but I'm going to hold off and wait and get the whole pack. Instead of 1 figure for $20.

Yeah I agree, $20 for 1 figure isnt much of a deal, compared to $40 for the whole set of 5 figures. Plus, I try to never give scalpers any money. Cool

*** UPDATE *** - that Kneesaa sold for $36 - yikes!

Last edited by darth_sidious on Sun 05 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sun 05 Aug 2012, 12:32 pm

New pics over on JD:

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/1-08/012TVC_TRUEwoks02_Full.jpg

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/1-08/012TVC_TRUEwoks01_Full.jpg
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessNadia Sun 05 Aug 2012, 1:27 pm

$36!! Shocked

There is a seller in Arizona that listed the whole set for $134.99!

I want them so bad, but I'm telling myself to wait
PrincessNadia
PrincessNadia

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 3:21 pm

My dear sister bought me Nanta in an Ebay auction Friday. I didn't ask her to do this, she did it out of the kindness of her heart because she knows I love them so much. She paid $23.00 for Nanta alone! Shocked But I love her for being such a great little sister to me. I'll post some pics when Nanta arrives. I'm trying my best to hold out on purchasing them individually or from scalpers, becuase I want to pick up the full set in person at TRU. I do believe that this set has been more anticipated and wished for than any previous Ewok set...anytime! I don't even think the Disney Star Tours set with Kaink and Teek was as in demmand as this multipack with kneesaa. i hope we can all get it! I still advise patience. We'll get them... Happy Ewok
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessNadia Sun 05 Aug 2012, 4:56 pm

Awwww, your sister RULES!
PrincessNadia
PrincessNadia

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sun 05 Aug 2012, 4:58 pm

darth_sidious wrote:New pics over on JD:

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/1-08/012TVC_TRUEwoks02_Full.jpg

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/1-08/012TVC_TRUEwoks01_Full.jpg

It's strange to see Kneesaa in that alternate hood! I wonder if Teebo's alternate hood can be made to fit any better than it looks like it does in that picture?
James
James
Founder
Founder

https://droidsandewoks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dmeluzio22 Mon 06 Aug 2012, 3:16 pm

Stopped by my local Toys R Us at lunch today... no dice. They told me as far as they could tell no stores in the North East had them yet. How they know that I have no clue but that is what they told me.
dmeluzio22
dmeluzio22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next